Ōtaki’s Maoriland Hub is at the cutting edge of creative technology and have just announced an opportunity for young people to break into this fast growing industry. The tech creative industry is one of the fastest growing and includes animation, gaming, VR/AR/XR, film, marketing, architecture and many more sectors.
M.A.T.C.H – the Māoriland Tech Creative Hub is for rangatahi with a strong interest in art, storytelling and digital tools.
The aim of our M.A.T.C.H Intensifier programme is to provide rangatahi with skills and support to step into the tech creative industry.
The MATCH Intensifier programme is unique for the following reasons;
• A 6 week fees-free training programme delivered by industry experts
• Followed by a 12 week paid internship (conditional)
• All in a Māori environment at the Māoriland Hub in Ōtaki
• You will graduate with industry-endorsed qualifications & micro-credentials
Workshops will include storytelling, drawing, 2D animation, Unreal Engine and other digital tools and access to industry networks to enable you to enter the industry.
M.A.T.C.H Intensifier Details:
The programme runs for a total of 18 weeks:
October 18 – November 26 2021 – M.A.T.C.H Intensifier
Tauira who complete the M.A.T.C.H Intensifier will be offered a paid internship at the Māoriland Hub
December 8 2021 – February 11 2022 – M.A.T.C.H Internship at the Māoriland Hub, Ōtaki
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
• Only 12 places are available for rangatahi Māori aged 18-24 yrs old.
• You must be able to commit to the full time 6 week Intensifier programme that runs Monday – Friday.
• You should be based in Ōtaki or within easy travelling distance to Ōtaki. Travel support capped at $60/week is available to students in the programme during the 6 week intensifier only.
• The course is fees-free.
• On graduation you will enter a 12 week paid internship at the Māoriland Hub in Ōtaki OR be supported into employment/further education for this same period.
• You will receive a living wage of up to 30 hours per week for the full 12 weeks of the work placement.
• You will receive pastoral care support whilst in your work placement.
To be eligible you must:
• Be registered for employment opportunities with MSD (WINZ) and available for the duration of the programme.
• Be between the ages of 18 and 24.
• Have a genuine interest in the tech creative sector (storytelling, film, animation, gaming, etc).
• Base yourself in or near Ōtaki.
Apply online by October 1. Applicants will be interviewed as applications are received. Applications will close once the 12 places are filled.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY HERE: https://maorilandfilm.co.nz/match_enrol/?mc_cid=074cb29295&mc_eid=aa648ab36b
The M.A.T.C.H Intensifier programme is supported by the Ministry of Social Development and Vodafone Foundation.