Blocked drains can be a hassle to deal with and can cause significant damage if left unattended. Here are 6 tips to avoid blocking your drains:
- Dispose of waste correctly – Do not flush anything except toilet paper down the toilet, and avoid pouring grease, oil, or food scraps down the sink.
- Use a drain strainer – A drain strainer can catch hair and other debris before it enters the drain, reducing the risk of blockages.
- Regular cleaning – Regularly clean your drains by pouring boiling water down them or using a mixture of vinegar and baking soda.
- Avoid chemical drain cleaners – Chemical drain cleaners can damage pipes and are often ineffective at removing blockages.
- Proper use of garbage disposal – If you have a garbage disposal, use it correctly and avoid putting non-food items in it.
- Seek professional help – If you suspect a blockage or are experiencing slow drainage, seek professional help to avoid causing further damage to your pipes.
If you do have a problem with blocked drains and need help – contact Peter Jackson Plumbing at: https://www.peterjacksonplumbing.co.nz/master-plumber-drainlayer