“Gravity Gives invites seasoned and budding skydivers and bungy jumpers to hurl themselves out of planes and off rock faces to help save children. Greg Nelson’s inspiring fundraiser is an exciting idea and we are thrilled that Greg is sharing his inspiration and enthusiasm to help raise funds for Save the Children,” says Heather Hayden, Save the Children New Zealand’s Chief Executive.
The Gravity Gives Project is taking place for its third year in New Zealand on 22 and 23 February 2014. The event isn’t just for extreme sports enthusiasts but also for first time bungy jumpers and skydivers.
To raise funds for Save the Children New Zealand, either as an individual or as a team, jumps and skydives need to be booked at any skydive or bungy jump centre in New Zealand and then registered at www.gravitygivesproject.org
Gravity Gives was established in 2009 by Canadian Greg Nelson. Greg often noticed major charity events taking place that had people doing everyday things such as walking, running, biking or golfing.
As a long-term bungy jumper and skydiver, he saw the opportunity to encourage fellow bungy jumpers and skydivers to work collectively and combine their passion for jumping with raising money to improve the lives of children around the world.
The project is building momentum within the extreme community and they are currently working with the New Zealand firefighters who are supporting next year’s event. Gravity Gives will also be taking place for the first time in Brazil and Mexico that weekend.
Adventure companies wishing to take part and help promote Gravity Gives Project can contact Greg Nelson at [email protected]
Six easy steps to joining the Gravity Gives Project 2014
1. Contact a skydive or bungy jump centre and book your spot on 22 and 23 February 2013.
2. Register online and create a participant’s page.
3. Use features on your page to send messages to friends asking them to support your jump.
4. Pledges collected by participants will go directly to Save the Children.
5. Track your fundraising progress and send updates to your supporters.
6. Jump to raise funds for Save the Children on either the 22nd or 23rd February 2014.no